Chinese Cultural Consulting
June Lee Dow is a Chinese cultural consultant for people traveling to China or who are doing business with China. Aside from teaching Chinese language, she will be your guide to help avoid Chinese cultural pitfalls.
There are many cultural differences between the USA and China. Whether you are interacting with the Chinese people for business or pleasure, you deserve to have the peace of mind that comes with cross culture consulting.
Examples of Chinese Cultural Diversity Training and Etiquette:
- You are not dealing just with an individual or a company, you will be dealing with the Chinese government.
- WHO you know is more important than what you know (“guan xi.”)
- Respect and honor are more important than proving your point and appearing “right.”
- Making noises and slurping while you eat is considered POLITE.
- Chinese cultural sensitivity training would suggest that you never give white flowers unless it is a funeral.
- Men commonly hold hands with other men and women with women.
- It is normal to be asked how old you are or how much money you make.
- Humility is admired more than boasting about your personal or professional achievements.
The above are examples of the types of things that you will learn from June Lee Dow, to give you confidence with your interactions.
Chinese Culture Consulting May be Combined with Language Instruction
It is possible to gain cultural coaching knowledge with or without learning the Chinese language. That decision remains up to you and is based on your available time. If you don’t have time to study Chinese, June Lee Dow is able to provide you with the bare minimum language skills.
Cultural Training for Business is Available One on One or in a Group Setting.
Depending on your need, your Chinese cultural training programs can be personalized in private sessions or also administered to your group.
Chinese Coaching is Available Throughout the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles.
Areas covered for Chinese cultural training programs include: Los Angeles, Calabasas, Reseda, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, LA, Universal City, Canoga Park, West Hills, Encino, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, North Hollywood, West Hollywood, Studio City, Granada Hills, Northridge, Chatsworth, Hancock Park, Pasadena, Burbank, Glendale, 818, 661, 213, 323, 310, 424, 747.
Please see our Pricing for Chinese Language and Culture Coaching.
You may pay for an individual class or for a group of classes. Click here for more details.